A Bear's I copy

I was raised by a family of bears who were driven mad by the strain of passing for human. What I love most about Homo sapiens is its primate nature; what I most abhor is the part that tries to deny it is a primate. Dogs, gorillas and polar bears on melting ice floes can snag my heart much easier than people most of the time. But I have learned the hard way that in order to have the kind of life I want, I have to live in a community. And to do that, I have to be the kind of creature that other beings want in their community. The work goes on, and in the meantime, medication helps. I'll keep you posted.

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

The International Speech Contest is Coming Up Again

I have competed in both the International Speech Contest (held in the Spring) and the Humorous Speech Contest (held in the fall) for several years now. And made it to the Division level (the third step) almost every time. I've worked hard on my speeches and done well, but I haven't been satisfied with the results. There are areas where I know I can do better, and areas -- i.e. the judging -- which I know are out of my control. But this year I want to do everthing I can to get past the Division Level.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home